Monday, July 5, 2010

My water baby

I know I always go on and on about what a great swimmer Layla is and how she thinks she's a mermaid but she just impresses me in the pool each time she goes in and I can't help but share it. We were at my Grandma's house today and she has this awesome pool with a diving board. I haven't been swimming there in ages, it brought my back to my childhood days when we were there every weekend, swimming in the pool with all my cousins. Anyway, I love diving boards so of course I was jumping off of it and I finally asked Layla if she would like to jump off with me. I was actually surprised when she told me she wanted to, so I held her and we jumped off, just like that. She loved it! She is still a little nervous to swim in the deep end all by herself (I take her out there and she'll do it, but it's still scary for her to do it alone), so she grabbed a float and started jumping off the diving board all by herself. Not just once, I'm talking over and over and over again. By the time we got out of the pool she was exhausted! So once again, she impressed me with her bravery in the water. I'm so proud of my little mermaid!

No comments: