Friday, September 9, 2011

Coronado Day 2

Ahhh... I cannot tell you how good it feels to wake up in California with my family all around me. This mini vacation is just what I needed. I have been so stressed out and so busy, busy, busy that I needed a few days to just be lazy and do nothing. I think it did Layla and I so much good. As soon as we ate breakfast it was time to go down to the beach. We picked a great weekend to go, the weather was perfect. The air was cool and chilly but when the sun came out it warmed everything up! We had a blast walking around, collecting seashells and just watching the kids play!Of course we were getting hungry so we made Grandpa and Uncle Glen come bring us food. Burger King for all! After we ate and hung out some more the girls decided they wanted to go to the swimming pool. So off we went! Jaydan was tired and about fell asleep in the chair next to mine while I enjoyed watching the girls play in the water while drinking a Pina Colada. Mmmm... Talk about relaxing. We stayed at the pool for a few hours and after we were done with that it was time to go back up stairs to clean up and get ready for dinner. The hotel gave us these lanyards with the kid's names on them and they were to go around to all the stores in the hotel and collect stickers. At the very end of the scavenger hunt, if they collected all the stickers they got a little prize. It was super fun for the kids to do and was the perfect before dinner activity. Aren't these two adorable? They were like this the entire trip, holding hands and playing together. For dinner we ate at the Sheerwater, an amazing seafood restaurant at the hotel with an amazing view. The food was SO good there, I cannot say enough good things about it. When the hostess sat us down she even gave the kids a little thing of trail mix so they wouldn't get hungry waiting. Although I must say our waiter was a bit odd but when Glen asked what room the ghost was in (room 3512) he made up for it by telling us. The kid's meals looked super good too, Chloe and Jaydan got pizza and Layla got a hotdog and french fries. The adult meals won though, they were so delicious. My mom had Shrimp, Pancetta & Penne Pasta (rock shrimp, wild mushrooms, spinach, brandy lobster sauce), Glen had Wild Pacific Sea Bass in lobster sauce and I couldn't make up my mind so I just got two appetizers, Lobster Mac & Cheese (brandy truffle cream, pancetta) and Blue Crab Cake. I ended up eating all of mine and then stole half of my Mom's. Oh my gosh, it was so good! I can still taste it now. We had such a good dinner and we sat there and drank wine and talked and laughed the entire time. Memories. We must have been in a goofy mood because after dinner we went ghost hunting. We had the room number and knew exactly which part of the hotel she (yes, she) is rumored to be in. "Kate was a young woman who checked into the hotel over Thanksgiving weekend under an alias, stayed a few nights, and killed herself on the steps of the hotel leading to the ocean." We tried to find her last summer too with no luck and unfortunately this time we didn't find her either. But, we had a blast searching for her. Glen is deathly afraid of heights so being on the 5th floor, next to an open staircase proved to be a bit of a challenge. So what do you do when you can't find a ghost? Plank, duh. After that it was time for bed, we had a very busy day... sleep tight.

No comments: