Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ed and I's date night.

Last night Ed and I were able to go out and have a date night without the kid. Shell volunteered to watch Layla over night for us since this will pretty much be the last chance we'll get to do something together before he deploys. We dropped off Layla at around 5:30ish and headed over to Pottenstein for dinner. We ate at this place called Hot Stone or Steak on a Stone or something along those lines. It was really nice and the menu was pretty crazy! They had crocodile, bison, lamb, and kangaroo to name a few. Ed and I ordered the kangaroo, we thought we'd try something new. Just about the same time we ordered out came our waiter with a hot stone and sizzling kangaroo meat on top of it. Ed and I drenched out meat with butter and let it cook awhile and let me just say, it was so good! Who would have thought? We had a really nice time relaxing and eating without any interruptions (i.e. Layla). After that we just came home and relaxed and watched a movie. We had a great night and so did Layla. She had so much fun with Evan and Shell, when we went and picked her up today she told me all about what they did. I'm glad we were able to have a nice "alone" night one last time for a year!

No comments: